If you love binge-watching TV shows for hours on end, then you are going to have a blast using Airtel Xstream. If the app’s name sounds familiar, then this is because it was formerly known as Airtel TV. Now, the app has rebranded itself and it focuses on providing users with access to thousands of movies and TV shows.
The content offered by this app is massive, to say the least. The great thing about Airtel Xstream is that it can be installed on a Firestick device, and today we are going to show you exactly how to do it.
Airtel Xstream is a “must-have” app for people who love Indian movies and regional TV shows thanks to the massive library that it offers. In fact, we are confident enough to say that once you start using Airtel Xstream on your Firestick device, you will no longer need to purchase a subscription or install any other video streaming app.
Without any further ado, let’s go ahead and check out everything there is to know about the app and how it can be used to stream thousands of Indian movies and TV shows directly on your Firestick device.
How Does Airtel Xstream Work?
As previously noted, the app was initially branded as Airtel TV. The developers in charge of the app realized that more and more people choose to watch their favorite content online and decided to rebrand and redesign the app. Ariel TV is now called Airtel Xstream, and it is categorized as an OTT (over the top) video streaming platform that doesn’t only provide users with access to a massive video library but also with the tools they need to discover fun and exciting content.
What makes Airtel Xstream stand out from all the other apps for Firestick is the fact that it features shows from other platforms and apps. We are talking about famous streaming services such as Amazon Prime and Netflix. Therefore, Airtel Xstream can become your all-in-one video streaming platform where you are always guaranteed to find interesting movies and TV shows that are worth binge-watching.
If you are tired of having to install multiple video streaming apps to access your favorite content, then you are going to love Airtel Xstream because it gathers all of India’s most popular movies and TV shows in one place.
Top 6 Features Available on Firestick
Here are some of Airtel Xstream’s highlight features that are available directly on your Firestick device:
- All videos are available in 15+ Indian languages (including Hindi and Panjabi);
- Airtel Xstream is updated with tens of thousands of new movies and TV shows every month;
- The user interface is super easy to use;
- You can add custom subtitles and adjust the resolution of the video;
- You don’t need to use any third-party media players to access the content from Airtel Xstream on your TV;
- Access to over 350 live TV channels.
How to Install Airtel Xstream on Firestick
Even though Airtel Xstream is available for smartphones, the developers have yet to release an official port for other devices. As a result, the only to download the app is via the Google Play Store. On the bright side of things, there is an alternative solution that makes it possible to install the app on your Firestick without having to jump through many “hoops.” You can sideload the APK (Android Package Kit) version of the file directly on your Firestick device.
If this is the first time that you are learning about sideloading APK releases and are worried that it may be tricky, you don’t need to worry because we have your back! We are going to present a step-by-step installation guide that is easy to follow and makes sure that you can install Airtel Xstream without dealing with any problems. This is possible by downloading and installing a third-party app called Downloader. With that being said, jump right into it.
- Access the Search Bar with your remote (select the magnifying glass logo it is located on the home screen);
- Type in “Downloader” in the search bar and click on the Downloader app as shown in the image below;
- Next, go ahead and select the Download option;
- Wait for the app to finish downloading, and the installation wizard will kick off automatically.
The guide featured above shows you how to install Downloader on your Firestick device. The third-party app is required to access Airtel Xstream because it acts as an Android simulator. Now, let’s go over the installation guide for Airtel Xstream.
Sidenote: We want to mention that, in order to install APK releases, your device needs to have the “Unknown Sources” option enabled. The option is disabled by default, and fortunately, it doesn’t take longer than a couple of seconds to enable it since it can be found in the Settings panel.
- Navigate to the Settings panel on your Firestick and access the “My Fire TV or Device” option;
- Next, select “Developer Options” and enable the option called “Allow Apps From Unknown Sources”;
- A pop-up will appear after you select the Turn On. You need to confirm the action by selecting it again (shown below);
- Head over to the home screen and open Downloader (it can be found in the “Apps and Games” section);
- Enter the following link https://bit.ly/34Bfses in the URL box located below the Home Tab;
- Select the GO option, and the download will begin automatically;
- It shouldn’t take longer than a couple of minutes for the APK file to finish downloading, and your Firestick device will redirect you to the installation screen;
- The last thing you need to do is select the Install option and wait for the installation process to finish.
How to Install Airtel Xstream on Firestick via Aptoide Store
If you don’t want to deal with all the steps that need to be followed for installing APKs, then you should be pleased to know that there is an alternative option. Airtel Xstream can also be installed on Firestick devices via the Aptoide Store.
If this is the first time that you are reading about the Aptoide Store, you should know that it is a special app library that works as an alternative to Google Play Store. Nonetheless, follow the steps below to install Airtel Xstream on Firestick via Aptoide Store.
- Open Downloader on your Firestick and type in the following link https://bit.ly/3i4NPhz;
- The APK file for Aptoide will start downloading. You need to wait for the download to finish because you will be redirected to the install menu;
- Once you are redirected to the install menu, you need to select Install and confirm the installation;
- Open the Aptoide Store and type in “Airtel Xstream” in the search bar;
- Select the app from the drop-down list and then choose Download;
- Next, go ahead and select Install;
- Airtel Xstream will automatically finish the installation process, and you can start using the app.
Even though installing Airtel Xstream on your Firestick device might seem a bit complicated, we guarantee that it is going to work without any problems if you follow our guide. The app is essential to cinephiles, and since its library is updated on a regular basis, you will never run out of fresh movies and TV shows to watch.
The last thing that we want to mention about Airtel Xstream is that you can use it without setting up a paid subscription if you are already a member of Airtel Thanks. Nonetheless, let us know in the comments section if you have any questions left unanswered.