The most popular reason why people purchase a Firestick device for their TVs is that they no longer want to pay for year-long contracts with regular TV providers and want to switch over to streaming instead. The benefits of streaming movies and TV shows are endless!
You will receive instant access to a massive video library that is packed with premium content, and everything will be available on-demand. Therefore, you are no longer tied to a strict TV schedule where you need to turn on the channel at a set hour, or otherwise, you will miss the latest episode from your favorite show.
There are thousands of premium streaming apps that you can use with Firestick, and while most of them charge a hefty monthly subscription fee, some provide alternative options. We are talking about third-party streaming services that provide users with access to some of the world’s biggest content libraries free of charge. Cinema HD (formerly known as HDMovies) is the perfect example of that.
The problem with the majority of third-party streaming services is that they do not benefit from full-fledged developer support, and they go on for years without receiving a new update. Fortunately, this not the case with Cinema HD. This app is updated constantly with software improvements that are takings its performances on Firestick to the next level. That’s not all. The developers are also updating the content library on a daily basis, and therefore, getting bored will no longer be an option after you install Cinema HD on Firestick.
Since the app is not available to download directly from the Amazon Appstore, you are required to sideload the latest APK version of it onto your Firestick. While this might seem like a complicated process, we assure you that it’s not. We will guide you through every step of the way so that you can install Cinema HD on Firestick and access all the latest movies and TV shows in full HD quality. Without any further, let’s go ahead and check out the steps you need to follow to install Cinema HD on Firestick.
Cinema HD on Firestick – What Does It Have to Offer?
If you are not familiar with Cinema HD, you are probably wondering what are the features that the app offers on Firestick? As previously mentioned, this is a streaming app, and it offers access to a plethora of entertaining movies and TV shows that users can watch on-demand. This is possible thanks to the fact that Cinema HD uses the source code of the VOD app Terrarium TV.
Even though Terrarium TV was discontinued a couple of years ago, Cinema HD is now using the same technology to automatically update its massive catalog of movies and TV shows every day. The great thing about this technology is that it also fetches posters, descriptions, and ratings from the web in order to make it easier for users to find interesting shows.
What makes Cinema HD stand out the most when compared to similar streaming apps is the fact that Cinema HD offers content in the highest resolution possible. With regular apps, you can stream movies and TV shows in 1080p Full HD at max. However, Cinema HD takes things to the next level and brings 4K (2160) Ultra HD quality to your Firestick device. The developers have implemented dedicated technologies such as Real-Debrid, Premiumize, and AllDebrid, among others, to enhance the video quality of all the content offered by the app.
Sidenote: We want to highlight that even though Cinema HD delivers 4K content, this resolution is only available on Firestick devices that support it. For example, your Firestick TV device needs to be compatible with Ultra HD TV because otherwise, you will be limited to full HD resolution.
If the massive movie and TV show library that Cinema HD has to offer is not impressive enough, then you should know that the app also provides access to PPV (pay-per-view) events such as WWE and UFC. Thanks to this feature, you will no longer have to pay $60 every time that you want to watch the latest UFC Card and check out the championship rounds. You will have more on-demand premium content than you could ever ask for!
Top 5 Cinema HD Features on Firestick
- The app supports 4K;
- Users can access all the latest PPV events (UFC, WWE, etc.);
- The app is free to use;
- The user interface is customizable so that users can find their favorite shows faster;
- You will receive access to a massive movie and TV show library.
How to Install Cinema HD on Firestick
Unfortunately, Cinema HD is not available to download and install directly from the Amazon Appstore. This is why we have to use an alternative method called sideloading, which allows users to install any third-party app on their Firestick device. Follow the installation guide below, and you will be able to access Cinema HD on Firestick in no time!
Sideloading apps basically means to install the latest APK version of them. These files are no available on the official Amazon Appstore, and therefore, you are required to enable the “Unknown Sources” option before. Here is how to do it:
- Access the Settings panel on your Firestick device;
- Click on My Fire TV (it can also be called Device or Device & Software if you are running on an older software version);
- Next, click on Developer options and select the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option;
- Select Turn on in order to enable the function.
Get Downloader on Amazon
Now that you have enabled the “Unknown Sources” option, the next step is to install a special app called Downloader. Fortunately, the app is available directly on the Amazon Appstore, and the installation process is super simple.
- Access the Search menu on Firestick by clicking on the magnifying glass icon;
- Type Downloader in the search bar by using the Firestick remote or the virtual on-screen keyboard;
- A drop-down list of search results will appear, and you need to click on Downloader;
- Head over to the Apps & Games section;
- Click on the Downloader app logo;
- Click on Get/Downloader and wait for the installation process to finish.
Download the Latest Cinema HD APK File
Open the Downloader app on your Firestick device and follow the next steps:
- Click on Allow to give Downloader permission to write and edit storage (it’s required to download the APK File);
- Go through Downloader’s setup guide or click Ok to skip it;
- Access the Home tab of Downloader and type in the following link in the download bar: https://bit.ly/2EChMYl;
- Click Go to start downloading the latest Cinema HD APK file;
- A pop-up installer window will appear after the file finished downloading, and you need to click Install;
- Click Done once the latest Cinema HD APK file finishes installing;
- Make sure to click on Delete in the dialog box (in Downloader) to delete the APK file in order to free up storage space.
If you followed the steps above, this means that you can access Cinema HD and all the content that it provides directly from your Firestick device. The app is available in the Your Apps & Channels menu on Firestick, and if it doesn’t appear in the first list of thumbnails, you can expand the list by clicking on See All.
How to Use Cinema HD on Firestick
Right from the start, we want to highlight that Cinema HD is equipped with a user-friendly interface that is both intuitive and packed with useful features. Therefore, you will be able to find interesting movies and TV shows to watch right from the first time that you begin using the app on your Firestick device. However, there are some tips and tricks that will help you discover even more shows and find it easier to use the user interface. Check them out below!
When you first start Cinema HD on Firestick, the app will request access to edit and write on the device’s storage space. You need to select “Allow” because otherwise, you will not be able to use all of Cinema HD’s full list of features. Even though this is a third-party app, it’s safe to use, and we highly encourage everyone to check out the disclaimer box before selecting “Allow” so that they know everything is transparent.
Talking about the first time you boot Cinema HD on Firestick; we want to note that you will be redirected to the TV/Shows menu. Here is where you will spend most of your time when using Cinema HD because this menu gives you full access to the app’s content library. The cool thing about the TV/Shows menu is that it also uses multiple filters to help users find cool shows. You can click on the down-arrow icon (located right next to the Popular tag) to insert other tags such as Airing Today, DVD Release, Amazon, Netflix, YouTube Rated, etc.
Use Real-Debrid to Access Premium Content
Creating a Real-Debrid account and using it for Cinema HD on Firestick is one of the best things that you can do. The reason behind this is that Real-Debrid allows you to access the best streaming sources. This includes premium sources that you would usually have to pay an expensive monthly subscription. Check out the guide below to learn how to do it:
- Open Cinema HD on Firestick and access the sidebar;
- Scroll down and click on Settings;
- Head over to the Premium Account section of the menu and click on Login to Real-Debrid (the app will now give you a special code that is required for authorization);
- Access the following link from a different device and enter the special code: https://real-debrid.com/device;
- Select Continue, and you will now be logged into your Real-Debrid account.
When considering the thousands of premium movies and TV shows that Cinema HD brings to Firestick free of charge, we think it’s safe to say that Cinema HD is a “must-have app.” Getting bored will become a challenge now that you can always turn on the TV and find something interesting and exciting to watch. Let us know in the comments section what are your favorite shows to watch with Cinema HD.