Clean Master is an app with over 900 million downloads worldwide that helps you optimize your storage and improve performance on any Android device. Considering that the operating system running on Amazon’s Fire TV devices is a modified version of Android, Clean Master can work smoothly on Firestick as well.
If you want to have a variety of apps on your streaming device and not run into any lag or sluggish behavior from your OS, a tool like Clean Master will help prevent these issues.
Many companies coming up with streaming devices sacrifice storage capacity for better hardware. There are many reasons behind this decision, including improving media player performance, but the main goal is to reduce costs and achieve an attractive price point for customers. Amazon made a similar decision, focusing more on the power of the hardware and the capabilities of the software and less on the internal storage.
Whether you have bought the regular Firestick device or the 4K one, you are provided with 8GB of internal memory. Still, a lot of that storage is occupied by the Fire operating system, which requires 4.5GB to work properly. That means you are left with only around 3.5GB to store all of your streaming apps.
If you want to take advantage of your Firestick and install as many streaming platforms as possible, you will find that this amount of storage is quite restricting.
With time, each application will start storing data about your watch history, as well as other files required for a smooth viewing experience (temporary files, subtitles, cover art, and catalogs, to name a few). This will only clog your internal storage even more, eating up at your software’s performance.
Fortunately, a cleaner app such as Clean Master can help out tremendously with this issue. Developers have created a smart system that sorts through the files on your device and deletes what is not necessary, such as duplicate files. Today we will walk you through downloading and installing Clean Master on your Firestick so that you can make use of your internal storage to its full extent.
Features of Clean Master app on Firestick
Clean Master is the most popular memory optimizer application for Android out there, sitting at an impressive rating of 4.7 stars on Google Play. It has features that both optimize your internal storage and RAM capacity, which in turn help improve performance on all fronts.
The main feature you will be interested in is the residual system junk file cleaner. This process analyzes all the files on your Firestick and gives you suggestions on what you could delete to improve performance. Some examples of dispensable files on your device are duplicate files, temporary app cache, and redundant files that do not add to your experience.
If you notice your player lagging in more than one streaming app, then the problem might be lying in the RAM usage of your software. Clean Master has a great feature called Phone Boost that lets you see which apps are running in the background and offers you the option to stop these processes.
If multiple platforms are performing actions while you try to watch your favorite TV show, then the system might be overwhelmed and start to lag. Using clean Master can be an easy fix to boost your system’s performance with just the click of a button.
Last but not least, Clean Master also includes an antivirus meant to protect your Firestick from damaging files. If you download third-party apps often and do not use a trusted APK file provider, you might run into the risk of getting trojans, ad-trackers, or malware on your system. The Clean Master antivirus can help you detect these files and avoid a major issue with your device.
Reasons to Install Clean Master on Firestick
- It is a completely free app trusted by millions of Android users;
- It optimizes internal storage and offers you room to download more streaming apps;
- It analyzes background processes and terminates them for optimized RAM usage;
- It protects your device from harmful viruses, such as malware and spyware;
- It does not occupy much space on your device.
Installation Guide for Clean Master on Firestick
Even though this is a reputable cleaning tool for Android smartphones, it is not yet recognized by the Amazon Appstore as it is not specifically created for their Fire operating system. Nevertheless, Clean Master works seamlessly on Fire TV devices as well, so you can make use of third-party sources to get it on your Firestick.
If you have never downloaded an APK file before on your streaming device, we will guide you through the process:
#1 Allow Apps from Unknown Sources on your Firestick
While Amazon does not officially recognize many apps made for the Fire OS, they offer the option to download APK files from third-party sources and install unverified apps on the device. The first step you need to take is to toggle this option in the developer menu of your Firestick.
If you are still under warranty, using this feature will not invalidate it. So you can proceed without fear.
- On your home screen, go to the Settings menu;
- Once open, look for the Device & Software section (if your operating system is not updated to the latest version, you might find it under the name of My Fire TV or Device);
- The new sub-menu will have a tab called Developers option that you can click on;
- Under USB debugging, you will find the option to enable Apps from Unknown Sources;
- Click on this button and then select Turn On when the system shows the standard warning about sideloading APK files from untrusted sources.
#2 Get the Downloader app for Firestick
Since Fire TV does not have a web browser available for downloading, you will need to make use of an app to get the Clean Master APK file. You can find Downloader on the official Amazon Appstore, which is an all-around helpful tool for Firestick users.
- Going back to the home screen of your Firestick, look for the Search button illustrated as a magnifying glass;
- Start typing in Downloader with the help of your remote and on-screen keyboard, or just use Alexa voice;
- From the search suggestions, select Downloader;
- You will find the right result under the Apps & Games section. Look for the logo shown in the screenshot below and click on it;
- On the next page, you will see the app’s description and a Get button. Press it and wait for the installation to be done.
Before moving onto the next section, launch the Downloader app. You can do so by clicking Open on the page you are on or looking for it in the Apps & Channels menu available on your Fire TV home screen.
#3 Download and Install Clean Master on Firestick
- First and foremost, you need to give Downloader permission to access your internal memory. Press the Allow button to move on;
- More than likely, the app will prompt you with an update changelog that you can close by selecting OK;
- Grab a device with a web browser such as your smartphone or your computer and search up a reliable APK file provider;
- Look for Clean Master’s latest APK file and open up the page;
- On the homepage of the Downloader app, type in the URL exactly as seen on your device. If this link is extremely long, you can choose to shorten it with Bitly or TinyURL for easier input;
- Once you finish entering the URL, select Go to download the APK file;
- Your operating system will instantly recognize this as an application and offer you the option to install it. Click Install on the pop-up and wait for the process to be finished;
- Click Done to close the installation window.
If you want to start optimizing your internal storage already, you can delete the APK file for Clean Master right now, as it will not be of use to you in the future. Since you are already in the Downloader app, just click on the Delete button before launching the Clean Master app.
By now, you are probably familiar with the Apps & Channels section on your home screen. Here is where you will find a complete list of all your installed applications, including your newly downloaded cleaner app.
Use Clean Master to Boost Firestick Performance
When you finally have Clean Master open, you will see that the user interface is very minimal. Once it is launched, the app will already start analyzing your internal storage, showing you a progress percentage in the middle of the screen.
Once the analysis is done, select Boost to let go of unnecessary files and free up your internal memory. Press on the Completed button to exit the app and download that new streaming app you were so excited for!
Today, we walked you through the complete installation process of Clean Master on Firestick and showed you how simple it is to use. No matter what device you use and the amount of storage you have available, it is always good to have a cleaner app to improve performance.
Your system often gets clogged up with redundant files such as duplicates and no longer usable APK files. With Clean Master, you can optimize your internal storage and RAM capacity while also protecting your system from malware.
Leave a Reply