A device like Firestick opens up a lot of streaming opportunities for users, from popular VOD platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video to pay-per-view WWE matches and live TV broadcasts.
If the last category of content has caught your eye, then you will be pleased to know there are dozens of IPTV subscriptions on the market that allow you to watch your favorite TV channels online for only a few dollars per month.
An IPTV package is perfect for people that enjoy watching TV channels live but do not want to get a cable subscription for their home. With the help of a reliable IPTV player and a steady internet connection, you can enjoy hundreds of TV channels right on your Firestick.
Duplex IPTV is a trusted app that has everything needed for a smooth viewing experience. Sadly, this player is not available on the official Amazon Appstore, but it is still compatible with many Fire TV devices. Whether you have a Fire TV Cube, a Fire TV Edition Smart TV/Soundbar, a Firestick, or a Fire TV (third generation), you can still enjoy the many features of the Duplex IPTV player.
Keep on reading to learn how to download and install this application on Firestick through sideloading the APK file onto your device. We will guide you through all the installation steps, as well as help you import your playlists and EPG onto your app.
Overview of Duplex IPTV on Firestick
Duplex IPTV is a paid application that can bring your IPTV subscription to life. You can import the playlists provided with your subscription, alongside your detailed EPG (electronic programming guide) to successfully watch any TV channel that you would like.
The playlists can easily be merged or modified to your liking. On top of that, Duplex IPTV allows you to create channel groups for easy access. We like this feature because it can help you create categories of content, much like you would see on VOD streaming platforms. Only in this case, the categories are personalized according to your preferences.
The player is suited for live TV broadcasting and allows you to easily switch between channels. If your IPTV subscription offers on-demand content as well, your player will remember where you last ended your streaming, so you do not have to crowd your mind with such details. You can switch between audio tracks, if available and choose to add subtitles to your content.
Even though this is a paid app, you can still try it out for 7 days before making up your mind. The subscription plan is priced at $1.99 per year, so the investment is not that high either. Note that this does not include your IPTV subscription, which you will pay separately to your provider.
Reasons to Install Duplex IPTV on Firestick
- Duplex IPTV is a well-known player app that has been adapted and used on many operating systems (such as Android, iOS, and Windows);
- You can safely import your playlists and EPG through their website, which is an extra added protection step for your IPTV subscription;
- You can modify your playlists, as well as create new channel groups for organization purposes;
- The player allows you to change audio tracks with ease and add subtitles to international TV channels or VOD;
- You can use your EPG to quickly scroll through your channels or use the Search feature available to find the exact TV network you are looking for;
- You can try out the application for free at first, so you can decide for yourself if you enjoy it before making the one-year purchase.
Installation Guide for Duplex IPTV on Firestick
Even though this app is popular on a variety of operating systems, Amazon does not allow any IPTV services in their Appstore. That being said, there is an alternative way to install the popular Duplex IPTV app on your Firestick.
Amazon provides you with the option to sideload unverified applications by going into developer settings, and we will teach you exactly how to do it. Follow along to find out all the steps required to successfully download and install Duplex IPTV on your streaming device.
#1 Allow ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ on Firestick
Even if you manage to download the latest APK file for your app of interest, you will not be able to install it without enabling this option. Amazon will even prompt you with a warning before turning on the feature, but there is no need to worry. As long as you get your APK file from a trusted provider, the Duplex IPTV app is completely safe for your Firestick.
Here are the steps you need to follow to allow third-party installations:
- On your home screen, select Settings;
- In the menu that shows up, you want to look for a category called Device & Software. If you do not find this feature, you might be running on an older version of the Fire TV operating system. In this case, you can look for a section called Device or My Fire TV;
- Regardless of what sub-menu you opened, you are sure to find an option called Developer options. Select this button to get to Apps from Unknown Sources;
- Click on this section to enable installations of unknown applications. You can dismiss the warning by selecting Turn On.
Keep in mind that you can always turn this option back off, in case you are not interested in any other third-party applications.
#2 Install Downloader on Firestick
On Firestick, you cannot simply download files from a browser like on a smartphone or computer. This is why you need a dedicated app called Downloader to get the APK file on your device. This platform is recognized by Amazon, and therefore can be found on their Appstore. Here are the installation steps that you need to follow:
- Go back to the home screen and select the Search button. You can find it at the top of your screen represented by a magnifying glass icon;
- Make use of the on-screen keyboard or the remote to type in Downloader. You may also use the voice search option by pressing the microphone button on your Alexa remote;
- Choose the search suggestion that matches the app’s name exactly;
- Your app will be located under the Apps & Games category. Select the search result with the logo shown in the image below;
- The system will open up the Appstore page of Downloader that features a description, the rating, and a Get or Download button. Click on it to install the application on your Firestick.
On the following page, you can simply select Open to initiate the app. This is required for the third and final step of this installation guide.
#3 Download and Install Duplex IPTV on Firestick
Before getting acquainted with Downloader, grab a secondary device with a browser app. Look for the latest APK file for Duplex IPTV provided by a trusted website. Keep the URL available to type it into the Firestick app. We recommend shortening the link for easier input. You can use a free tool like Bitly or ShortURL to do so.
- Now that you have Downloader launched, click on Allow to permit this app to access your internal storage;
- After this, you will get another pop-up informing you about the update changelog, which you can dismiss by clicking on OK;
- On the homepage of Downloader, you will see a section that asks you to fill in your download URL. Use your remote to type in the link you found on your secondary device;
- Once you are certain that you copied the URL exactly, select Go to download the APK file;
- Because you have allowed third-party installations, the system will prompt you with a window that asks if you want this app installed. Simply select Install to get Duplex IPTV on your Firestick. Afterward, press the Done button to exit the installation window.
Because your device does not have a lot of internal memory available, we recommend you delete any unnecessary files. For example, the APK file for apps that you have already installed. Just click on Delete to get rid of it right now.
You will find both Downloader and Duplex IPTV in the Apps & Channels menu that you can find on your home screen. If you want a shortcut to this list of apps, you can press the Home button for a few seconds. On the overlay that appears on-screen, you will see an Apps section. Just click on it to uncover the full list of applications on your Firestick, including the two you have just installed.
Easy Guide to Adding EPG and Playlists on Duplex IPTV
Unlike other IPTV players that you might have tried, Duplex IPTV does not allow you to import playlists and your electronic programming guide directly from the app. You will have to once again get a secondary device and go to the Duplex IPTV website before setting up your account. Let’s get into the steps:
- Open Duplex IPTV on your Firestick by using one of the methods described above;
- Look on the Activation window for a Device ID and a Device Key;
- On your smartphone or computer, visit the Duplex IPTV website to enter your account and add playlists to your app;
- The website will ask you to insert the credentials shown on your TV screen. Copy them down, complete the captcha, and select Manage Device;
- The website will redirect you to an account page where you can manage your Firestick app. Select the Add playlist button to start importing the content provided by your IPTV subscription;
- Give a descriptive name to your playlist and insert the playlist link you have received from your IPTV provider. Duplex IPTV accepts both M3U or M3U8 formats for playlists. As for EPG, you can insert an XMLTV URL to properly import your channels schedule. Lastly, you can choose to protect your playlist with a PIN code only known by you.
- Once you have everything in order, select Save. Now you can check that your playlists and electronic programming guide have been successfully transferred into your Firestick app as well.
Today’s guide walks you through all the steps required to successfully install Duplex IPTV on your Firestick, as well as shows you how to quickly import your IPTV playlists into the app.
By using a user-friendly IPTV player such as Duplex IPTV, you will get access to hundreds of live TV channels. Whether you are interested in watching the news or the latest reality TV show on the small screen, you can easily scroll through the channels with your new streaming app.