A device like Amazon’s Firestick is an excellent choice for streaming on-demand and live content. There are many platforms available in the Amazon Appstore that require subscriptions to grant you access to their available content.
But perhaps even better than consecrated paid streaming services like Netflix and HBO Max, there are also a few free third-party applications that work great on Firestick.
Apps like HD Movie Box, for example, offer you a variety of series and movies perfect for a night of binge-watching. Today we will guide you through the installation process of this popular clone streaming app that many Fire TV users enjoy on a daily basis.
HD Movie Box utilizes the same source code of Bee TV and receives constant updates to ensure it works properly on all devices. You can easily install this app on devices that support the Fire TV operating system, such as Fire TV (Gen 3), Fire TV Edition Soundbars, Fire TV Cube, and, of course, Firestick.
Before we get into the installation process of HD Movie Box for Firestick, we will give you a brief overview of the platform’s features so you can decide for yourself if this clone streaming app is worth installing on your device.
Overview of HD MovieBox on Firestick
This third-party app has been created as a response to a streaming platform not working properly on Firestick anymore: Bee TV. While other clone applications are not always trusted by the developing community, HD Movie Box proves to be a helpful platform that receives updates regularly.
Unlike subscription-based platforms that can only offer you their own roster of content, HD Movie Box provides access to a variety of content from various providers. Whether you are interested in an Amazon Prime, BBC, Netflix, or HBO show, this app will scour the Internet looking for a public streaming website or torrent to download it.
You can easily scroll through popular content on the app since developers have decided to include posters, ratings, and descriptions of each one from reputable websites like IMDb. These titles are often available to watch in 1080p resolution, with Full HD and Ultra HD options available.
Keep in mind that in order to access Ultra HD content in 2160p resolution, you will need to have a compatible device like the Firestick 4K, alongside a 4K TV. Last but not least, this type of image quality requires a lot of bandwidth from your internet router, so you must also make sure you have a high-speed connection.
As previously stated, HD Movie Box is highly regarded for its diverse content. Aside from regular TV shows, movies, and digital series, you will find other categories of content like Anime and pay-per-view streams. We like that they offer a large collection of Bollywood movies and other Indian-produced content, which they present in a special category of their own.
You will notice that the app is quite user-friendly and easy to customize as well. Features like subtitles, Trakt integration, watchlists that can be imported and exported, and viewing history make HD Movie Box a desirable streaming platform. If you have a preference for external players, the app developers offer you the option to choose MX player or VLC player as well.
All in all, this is a free-to-use streaming application that gives you access to almost any watchable content on the Internet. The platform is supported financially through in-app advertisements, but we find them less invasive than on other similar clone apps.
Reasons to Install HD MovieBox on Firestick
- You can take your pick from a sea of watchable content, such as TV shows, movies, digital originals, and even Anime;
- You can watch the live PPV broadcasts of UFC and WWE matches in-app;
- You can choose to use an internal or external player based on your preferences;
- You get subtitle integration, and you can stream content with up to 2160p Ultra HD resolution;
- You can use the Fire TV Voice Remote to navigate the app with ease;
- The app has an intuitive user interface that mimics the well-known Bee TV app.
Installation Guide for HD MovieBox on Firestick
Even though the Amazon Appstore has dozens of helpful streaming applications, third-party platforms such as HD Movie Box are not available there. Nonetheless, Amazon does offer the viewer the option to verify apps on their own accord and sideload APK files for compatible systems.
In order to successfully sideload HD Movie Box, you will have to go through two additional steps: allowing third-party sources for applications and installing a Downloader app. We will give you a detailed description of each step so that you can easily follow along.
#1 Turn on ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ on Firestick
- Open up the home screen on your Firestick device and go to Settings;
- In this menu, you will find a section called Device & Software (older operating systems have the same sub-menu under the name of Device or My Fire TV);
- Click on Developer Options to open up a new menu of advanced settings;
- Here you will see an option called Apps from Unknown Sources;
- Once you select it, your Amazon streaming device will present you with a standard warning that you can dismiss by pressing the orange Turn On button.
Note that you can turn off this feature at any point, and it will not affect your other apps as long as you download your HD Movie Box APK file from a trusted provider.
#2 Download and Install Downloader for Firestick
Your Fire TV operating system does not have a browser app available, which is why you cannot directly download the APK file on Firestick. Still, there is a workaround for this issue by using a dedicated Downloader app. Here is how to get it:
- If you go back to your home screen, you will see the Search button available on the upper side of the TV. Click on the magnifying glass icon to start your search;
- You can hold the microphone button on your remote to activate voice search, or you can use the on-screen keyboard to type in Downloader;
- Look below the keyboard and choose the suggestion that matches the app’s name exactly;
- The search results should uncover a section called Apps & Games. Look for the Downloader logo you see in the image below and click on it;
- On this page, you can just select the Get button (or Download on some OS versions) and wait for the installation process to be done.
You can open Downloader right on the following page, or you can find it in the Apps & Channels section. This menu is available on your Fire TV home screen, and it contains a complete list of all the applications you have installed on your Firestick. This is where you will find HD Movie Box later on, as well.
#3 Download and Install HD MovieBox on Firestick
- Once Downloader is launched, select Allow to give the app access to your internal storage. This is a vital requirement to download any type of file;
- Another window will pop up informing you of the current update of the app. You can select OK to dismiss it;
- On a secondary device that has a browser, search up a reliable APK file provider and choose the latest version of HD Movie Box;
- Keep that link close because you will have to type it in on your Firestick. If the URL is too long, you can choose to shorten it with helpful tools such as Bitly or ShortURL;
- On the homepage of Downloader, you will notice a bar that allows you to insert a link. Copy down the link from your secondary device onto your Firestick;
- Select Go to download the HD Movie Box APK File;
- Once the download is complete, the system will give you the option to start the installation process immediately. Select Install and let the Android installer add this app to your collection.
We always like to advise our readers to delete the APK file directly after installing the desired app because it only takes up space. You can click on Delete to remove this file from your internal storage. Once that is done, go to Apps & Channels and launch the HD Movie Box app.
How to Navigate HD MovieBox on Firestick
Another perk of HD Movie Box is that it does not require you to have an account in order to use it. When you launch it, all you have to do is select Allow on the first window and then choose the player of your liking. You can stick to the Internal Player, ExoPlayer, or pick one of the other two options: Mx Player and VLC Player.
Even though you do not need to create an account, you can choose to add your Trakt.tv credentials to import your Collection page. Other supported collaborators are Premiumize, AllDebrid, and Real-Debrid.
The menu located on the left side of the screen contains a few sections that categorize content and give you access to additional features. These are: Editor’s Choice, TV Shows Movies, HD Release, Anime, Hindi Movies, Collection, Calendar, Watchlist, History, and Settings.
You will be redirected to the TV Shows page that shows you posters of series that might pique your interest. You can select the Discover button showcasing an arrow that points down to see multiple categories. Some examples of available categories are Popular, Trending, Top Rated, and Airing Today. You can use this same feature on the Movies page too.
Sections such as Anime and Hindi Movies show you a curated view of only that type of content. We particularly enjoyed the Editor’s Choice page, which gives you a collection of interesting content, from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO shows, to WWE and UFC broadcasts.
In case you see a title that interests you, but you do not have the time to watch it now, you can use the bookmark feature to put it into your Watchlist. You can also import your Collection of content from your Trakt.tv account, if you decide to connect it.
The Settings menu allows you to make changes to your platform, from changing poster sizes to changing the default section you open the app to. Here is where you will notice the Account sub-menu that allows you to connect to the collaborators we mentioned above. The Settings section gives you the opportunity to activate Subtitles and choose your preferred player as well.
All of these menus are necessary for a smooth viewing experience, but we are particularly fond of the Calendar section. Here, the developers have added a detailed view of ongoing TV series and upcoming movies. You can see a monthly schedule of your favorite shows, which helps you keep up to date with everything. Therefore, you do not need to crowd your mind with unnecessary dates. This is a helpful feature not available in many streaming apps, and we command HD Movie Box for deciding to add it.
The app has a user-friendly interface that you are sure to get used to with ease. In case you enter into any trouble with the player ratio, you can go to Settings and toggle on the Force Landscape Mode on Android TV option.
HD Movie Box is a free third-party app with a large selection of titles, from popular TV shows to Anime and PPV broadcasts. With today’s guide, you can easily sideload the APK file for this app and enjoy quality content in the comfort of your own home. You can refer back to this article to learn how to navigate the app and take full advantage of its capabilities.