NBC Universal is one of the world’s biggest media and entertainment companies publishing tens of high-quality movies and TV shows every year. The Peacock TV logo used by the company is now a universal sign that lets you know you are going to watch an interesting show whenever it shows up on your TV.
Considering that streaming has taken over the world during this past couple of years, it should come as no surprise to find out that Peacock TV is now providing live and on-demand content to users from all over the world.
Peacock TV is one of the best sources of content that you can have on your Firestick device, and this is all thanks to the fact that you will get access to a bundle of premium channels. We are talking about famous channels such as NBC, Oxygen, Telemundo, USA Network, Syfy, and the NCBH Sports channel that streams all the latest sporting events.
If you are ready to install Peacock TV on your Firestick device, then you have arrived at the right place. Today we will show you exactly how to do it and share a couple of tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of Peacock TV on Firestick.
Peacock TV – What Shows Are Available?
As previously mentioned, Peacock TV provides users with access to a bundle of premium channels where they can find entertaining content at any hour of the day. The channels become instantly available to paid subscribers. Peacock TV offers three subscription tiers, including a free version.
While the free subscription for Peacock TV offers an impressive bundle of on-demand content, it does come with a significant downside. The only way to make the subscription available for free is for Peacock TV to generate revenue by inserting ads.
The second subscription costs $4.99 per month, and it offers access to the app’s full video library. You will receive so much live and on-demand content that it’s almost impossible to watch it all. You will never get bored again.
Although, this subscription tier also includes ads. If you don’t feel like watching ads when you are using your Firestick device, which is completely understandable, you will love the premium subscription model for Peacock TV. The premium subscription costs $9.99, and it’s free of ads. That’s not the only thing you will get by paying the premium price. You are also receiving access to exclusive content that is otherwise unavailable.
Peacock TV for Firestick was packed with thousands of movies and TV shows from popular producers such as DreamWorks, Lionsgate, Universal Pictures, and Paramount ever since it launched. NBC Universal is constantly adding new content to Peacock TV that is exclusive and not available on other platforms.
To make things even more impressive, NBC Universal is also signing deals with other producers to feature their content on Peacock TV for Firestick. As a result, your “to watch list” will always be updated with all the latest movies, TV shows, and sporting events.
How Do You Subscribe to Peacock TV?
Now that we have presented the different subscription tiers for Peacock TV on Firestick and highlighted their pros and cons let’s go ahead and check out the steps that users need to follow to subscribe for Peacock TV Premium.
- Access peacocktv.com from your smartphone, PC, laptop, or tablet;
- Click on the Start Watching Now option that can be found at the top of the homepage;
- You will be redirected to the Account Creation Page;
- Click on Start Watching, and you will be redirected to the app’s movies and TV shows available for streaming;
- Next, click on your Profile Icon (on the top-right corner of the website) and select the Upgrade to Premium option (it can be found under Plans & Payment);
- Go ahead and select the Start 7-Day Free Trial option (shown below);
- Choose your preferred payment method and enter your billing information;
- Click Pay Now or Checkout, and you are done.
After the payment goes through, your Peacock TV Premium subscription will be active. You can now access the full list of shows that NBC Universal has to offer. Now, let’s see how you can start streaming the shows on your Firestick device.
How to Install Peacock TV on Firestick
If you followed the steps above, you now have a Premium Peacock TV subscription. You can also choose to use the free variant, so paying money is not necessary.
The question that remains is how do you install Peacock TV on your Firestick device? NBC Universal has launched the app in the United States and Canada, but unfortunately, it does not feature native support for Amazon Fire TV or Roku devices. However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot install it. There is an alternative way.
NBC Universal is expected to team up with Amazon’s Firestick department in the upcoming future and release, but until that happens, you can always sideload the Peacock TV app on your Firestick device. If you are new to sideloading and are worried that you are not tech-savvy enough, you don’t need to worry about it because we have your back! Follow the steps below to sideload Peacock TV.
Follow the steps below to sideload Peacock TV on your Firestick device:
- Access the Settings panel of your Firestick device;
- Head over to the My Fire TV/Device section (the section may also be called Device & Software);
- Click on Developer Options and then on Apps from Unknown Sources (shown below);
- Enable the Apps from Unknown Sources option by clicking Turn On;
- Now, return to the Fire TV home screen and click on Search (magnifying glass icon);
- Type in Downloader;
- Select the Downloader app from the drop-down search results list (shown below);
- Click on the Downloader app logo;
- Next, click on the Get/Download option to start the installation process;
- Wait for the installation process to finish and then click on Open;
- Select Allow to enable the app’s permissions and then click on OK to avoid going through the quick start guide;
- Click on the search bar that is featured on the homepage and type in the following link: https://bit.ly/2Hv3cU0;
- Click Go and wait for the Peacock APK file to finish downloading;
- The installation setup will kick off automatically after the file is downloaded, and you only need to click on Install;
- Once the installation setup is finished, you need to click Done.
Sidenote: You should make sure to delete the APK file from the Downloader app after installing it so that your Firestick device’s internal storage space is not used up.
After following the steps mentioned above, you can access the home screen of your Firestick device and then click on See All (located beneath the YouTube Apps & Channels option). A long list of channels and apps will pop up, and by scrolling down, you will find Peacock TV and all the content it has to offer.
Click on the app’s icon, and you will be redirected to the Sign In page. Fill in the information, and you can now enjoy your favorite Peacock TV movies and TV shows directly from your Firestick device.
How to Watch Peacock TV on Firestick via AllCast
If you feel like sideloading the Peacock TV app on your Firestick device is too complicated, then you should be pleased to know that there is one more way to access the app. There is a special workaround that makes it possible for you to stream content from Peacock TV on your Firestick device, but you will have to jump through a couple of “hoops.” This is all possible with the AllCast for Fire TV app. Without any further ado, let’s go ahead and see how this is done.
- Access the Search bar on your Firestick device by selecting the magnifying glass icon;
- Type in or use vocal commands to search for AllCast;
- Select AllCast or AllCast for Fire TV from the results lists;
- Now, head over to the Apps & Games section of the results page and select the app’s logo (shown below);
- The final step is to select the Get option and wait for the app to finish downloading.
How to Use AllCast to Watch Peacock TV
Now that you have installed AllCast on your Firestick device, the next step is to start streaming your favorite shows. You can do this by using the mobile version of Peacock TV. Follow the steps below:
- Connect your smartphone and Firestick device to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Install the mobile version of Peacock TV on your smartphone by clicking here for Android or here for iOS;
- Wait for the app to finish installing your smartphone and then open it;
- Log in to the mobile app with your Peacock account info;
- Open the AllCast for Firestick TV app on your Firestick device;
- You are good to go! Select the content you want to watch on your TV from the Peacock TV mobile app and start streaming it by tapping on the Cast icon (available in the top-right corner of the player).
The list of movies and TV shows that the Peacock TV app offers is truly incredible, and there is no doubt about that. By following the guides presented by us today, Peacock TV will be available for your Firestick device, and you can watch any show you want from the comfort of your home.
Please let us know in the comments section what are your favorite shows available only on Peacock TV.
Leave a Reply