One of the advantages of streaming platforms is that you can watch whatever you want, whenever you want. While cable TV is a great source of entertaining shows, you can’t always be in front of the screen at a certain time every time.
This is why IPTV is such an advantageous service because it takes all of your favorite shows on cable and turns them into an on-demand streaming service right on your Smart TV. If you are looking to get yourself an IPTV subscription for your Firestick, then a reliable IPTV player like SO Player is exactly what you need!
We really enjoy this app for live TV streaming because it has a user-friendly interface, and most importantly, it’s completely free! Aside from the IPTV subscription you get beforehand, of course. But not even the subscription can be called an expensive purchase when you think about all the TV channels you get to add to your Amazon streaming device.
Today, we’ll show you just how simple it is to download SO Player for your Firestick and guide you through using it to enjoy your IPTV subscription to the max.
SO Player Installation Guide for Firestick
Since you are searching the web for this guide, you probably know already that SO Player can’t be downloaded directly from the Amazon Appstore. Still, Firestick uses a modified version of the Android operating system.
This means that, much like on an Android-powered smartphone or Smart TV, there are alternative ways of downloading apps that are not integrated into their official platform.
SO Player is a completely safe application loved by many Firestick users, so you don’t need to worry about it not being verified by Amazon. If you download the latest APK file from a reputable APK provider, you will have no trouble installing this app on your streaming device.
There are three main parts to the installation process of this IPTV player on your Firestick: allow sideloading APK files, install a downloader app from the Amazon Appstore, and then download and install SO Player.
Seems simple enough, right? Let’s get right into the step-by-step guide (with pictures) so that you can enjoy your new IPTV subscription in under 10 minutes or so.
#1 Allow Sideloading APK Files
- Open up your Firestick and select Settings from your home menu;
- Go through the options and pick the Device & Software section. If you can’t find it, then that means you have an older version of the Firestick operating system. In this case, look for a section called either Device or My Fire TV;
- When you open up this sub-menu, look for Developer options and select Apps from Unknown Sources;
- Under the automatic warning pop-up letting you know that unknown sources might hurt your device, choose the Turn on option. As we’ve previously stated, you have nothing to worry about when installing the SO Player app.
After you are finished with the whole process, you can turn off this option following the same steps.
#2 Add a Downloader app on your device
The only way to safely download an APK File on your Firestick is to use a trusted downloading app made for this OS. We personally like the Downloader application found in the “Apps & Games” section of the Amazon Appstore. The user interface is very straightforward, and all you need is a download link to get any third-party app on the internet.
Here’s how to get it:
- Select the Search button on your home screen;
- Either use the remote to type in Downloader or activate Alexa and voice search the app;
- Select the right search result, then choose the Get option to install your new APK file downloader.
#3 Download and install SO Player
- Search up on your phone or PC the newest APK File for SO Player from a trustworthy provider;
- Launch Downloader on your Firestick right from the Appstore or by searching the Your Apps & Channels menu on your home screen;
- The first time you are using this app, you will have to give it access to your device’s storage. Select Allow so that you can download SO Player and other third-party apps later on;
- Downloader will show another window related to the app version that you are using. Here you can just click OK to close the window;
- Right on the homepage of this app, you will find an input box where you can add the download link for your APK File. Copy the link you found earlier here exactly as it is;
- Select Go underneath the link and wait for the file to download;
- After your download is completed, the Installation window from SO Player will pop up. Choose Install, wait for the process to finish, and then select Done.
If you do not want to clog up your Firestick storage, you can delete the APK File since you have no use for it any longer. After you click Done, the download window will still be open, and you can select Delete right there and then.
How to Use SO Player
Before we get into the user interface and available features, we’ll give you a quick rundown about logging into SO Player.
- Launch the app from Your Apps & Channels and prepare your pin code and provider ID that you received with your IPTV subscription;
- From the right side of your screen, click on PIN CODE. Here you can enter the PIN provided from your subscription;
- Next, you will be redirected to a new window where you can fill in your Provider ID. Click Next, and you will be logged in.
This free IPTV player might not be as modern as its paid competitors, but it still offers a simple and accessible interface to use. You will find three categories of content labeled as TV, Movies, and Catchup. To access your tv program streaming enter the TV section.
You will find there an EPG (electronic program guide) menu from which you can easily select the channel you are interested in.
SO Player is one of the top free applications for IPTV streaming that can be used on a variety of platforms, including your Firestick. As you can see, the process of installing it on your Amazon device is quite easy to follow, and you will get access to all of your favorite TV channels. Watching on-demand content has never been easier than with an intuitive player app such as SO Player!