The Amazon Fire TV remote, aka Firestick Remote, is one of the best devices you can purchase for your TV. This small gadget is packed with so many features that it’s going to make it easier for you to find interesting and exciting shows to watch on your TV. If you program the Firestick Remote for TV, your late-night entertainment experience will be much better, and there is no doubt about that!
What’s great about the Firestick Remote is the fact that it is equipped with a plethora of features and next-gen technology. We have to give props to Amazon for keeping the classic remote design but not giving up on improving the features that the device has to offer. As a result, the Firestick Remote is easy to use, and it provides users with access to all the tools and options they need to make their TV experience more immersive.
The latest version of Firestick Remote is dubbed as “All-New Alexa Voice Remote.” As its name implies, it uses vocal technology to make it possible for users to control their entertainment station via Alexa. That’s not all. Users can also press the Alexa button to enable voice searches. While this might not seem like such a groundbreaking feature, we assure you that it’s much faster and easier to use when searching for movies than having to type in the show’s title manually via the on-screen keyboard.
Nonetheless, today we are going to show everyone how to program Firestick Remote for TV. We are aware that not everyone is tech-savvy to know how to manually change their smart TVs’ settings. This is why we will present the guide in a step-by-step manner while also including detailed pictures. Without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
How to Program Firestick Remote for TV
The All-New Alexa Voice Remote should already function if you managed to pair it with your Firestick device. If the buttons and features are not working, you don’t need to worry because we will help you out. Follow the guide below to program Firestick Remote for TV.
- Access the Settings menu on your Firestick device;
- Scroll down and select the Equipment Control option;
- Next, select the Manage Equipment option;
- A list of equipment will appear, and you need to select TV, and then click on Change TV;
- The setup wizard will ask for permission to start the guided setup process (it takes 5-10 minutes). Select the Change TV option once again to continue the setup;
- Your Firestick device will now scan the TV model and show it on the screen. If the TV model is correct, you need to click Yes (if the TV model is not the right one, you can manually select it);
- The Firestick device will ask you to press the Power button the Alexa Voice Remote. Follow the instructions on the screen;
- The TV might turn on and off during the setup process, and you need to click Yes every time that happens.
- The second setup guide will give you a presentation of the volume controls and how to access them via the Firestick Remote. Click Next to play the sample music;
- Now, you are required to press the Volume Up and Down buttons on your Firestick Remote to continue the setup process;
- After confirming that the volume control buttons are working right, you can click Yes.
- The final step is to click OK to finish the setup process.
If you followed the guide featured above, you have succeeded in programming your Firestick Remote to the TV. Now that you can use your powerful Firestick Remote, you no longer have to pick up the older television remote that only features a couple of buttons. Nonetheless, let us know in the comments section if you have any additional questions.