With the TV Everywhere authenticated streaming apps, viewers can watch their favorite TV channels on whatever device they prefer. Whether you have an Apple TV, Android TV, or a Firestick, dozens of pay-TV channels from the US have streaming platforms that you can add to your device.
This includes the ABC app that gives you access to on-demand and live content right at your fingertips. If you are a big fan of ABC shows such as the Good Doctor, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Grey’s Anatomy, then keep reading to learn how to install this app on your Fire TV device.
Amazon’s Firestick is a versatile device that gives you the opportunity to watch all types of entertaining content right in your living room. Whether you are interested in video on demand, pay-per-view, or live TV content, there are plenty of apps available to satisfy your viewing needs.
We like that the American Broadcasting Company decided to jump in on the trend and offer their content in app-form as well, giving new individuals a chance to catch up on their best shows.
Seeing how this is a free application as long as you have a TV subscription in the United States, there is really no reason not to download this platform. Today we will give you an overview of the features of this app, as well as a step-by-step guide to installing and activating the ABC app. Let’s get right into it!
Overview of ABC for Firestick
With the rise of technology, more and more TV channels start to adapt to our digital world for the benefit of viewers worldwide. The American Broadcasting Company has done well in this regard, offering various types of original content on their website and streaming app.
Not only that, but they made the latter available for a large number of platforms, which includes Amazon devices.
Whether you have a Fire TV, a Fire TV Cube, a regular Firestick, or the 4K version, you will be able to install ABC by using this guide. Considering that you get access to a live stream of the ABC channel, as well as hundreds of hours of on-demand content, this is happy news indeed!
ABC has been a key player in the TV scene for many years, which means they have accumulated a large number of entertaining shows in their roster. With the ABC app, you get access to a selection of shows you might have never seen before, such as:
Shark Tank is a TV show with a unique premise that has benefited many entrepreneurs over time: you can pitch your business idea in order to get investments. People from all over the United States come to share their inventions and unique business endeavors with investors interested in the next big idea.
This show is extremely entertaining and provides insight into the mind of a successful businessperson and their process of thinking when investing in a new business. If you are a big fan of economics or even an entrepreneur yourself, you will definitely love watching Shark Tank!
A TV series that first debuted in 2016, Speechless is a sitcom that has won over many American hearts. It shows the daily struggles and humorous happenings of the DiMeos family. The name is a witty reference to the eldest son in the family, JJ, that has cerebral palsy and communicates with the help of headgear.
No matter your situation, you are sure to empathize with the five main characters of the show and get in a few laughs while watching Speechless.
The Bachelor is a reality TV show that first aired in 2002, with over 20 seasons available to watch at the moment. The entertaining premise that a number of women need to explore their compatibility with the season’s bachelor in order to find the perfect match turns into a chaotic yet enjoyable series.
Many people across the globe enjoy this love & relationships show, so it is only natural that ABC decided to include it for streaming on their app as well.
If singing shows are more up your alley, then we recommend watching American Idol. With different judges almost every season, this series will give you an inside view of the music world and what really makes a star. Not to mention that it is a great way to discover up-and-coming artists that might suit your music taste!
Movie buffs will enjoy streaming The Oscars on the ABC app. You can see your favorite actors and actresses and follow the full Academy Awards gala from the comfort of your couch.
Whether you are interested to see what awards your favorite film has received, or you want to have a laugh at the opening monologue, you can access the Oscars whenever you’d like.
Reasons to Install the ABC App on Firestick
- You get access to a large collection of original TV series, such as Lost, Last Man Standing, Desperate Housewives, and the Goldbergs;
- You can watch the ABC channel live at any time of the day;
- You only need a TV subscription to activate the app, which gives you access to a lot more exclusive content than your regular cable;
- The app uses the TV Everywhere interface, which is highly responsive and easy to use;
- You can sync your app with other devices as well, such as your smartphone or computer.
Installation Guide for the ABC App on Firestick
Fortunately, getting access to all the content available on the ABC app is fairly straightforward. We will walk you through the steps necessary to install the platform on your device, as well as tell you how to activate your account. Here is what you need to do to download and install ABC on Firestick:
- Go to the Fire TV home screen and look for a magnifying glass button that signifies the Search function. Click on it to open up the on-screen keyboard;
- Use the keyboard provided by the operating system to write ABC. Alternatively, make use of your Alexa remote’s features such as voice search;
- Select the search suggestion that fits the app’s name. From the search results, pick the app that has the well known black and white ABC logo;
- On the description page of the app, you will either see a Get or Download button. Click on it to download and install ABC on your Firestick.
Once the process is finished, you can press on Open to launch the app right then and there. Afterward, you can head over to the Your Apps & Channels menu on the Fire TV home screen to find all of your apps, including ABC.
Log Into the ABC App on Firestick
Exactly as on other TV Everywhere platforms, the ABC app will ask you to provide proof of having a US TV subscription that includes this channel.
In order to activate your app and get access to the ABC shows and live stream, you will need a secondary device that has a browser app. A smartphone or a computer will work great for this. When you have it, follow these steps:
- Once ABC is open on your Firestick, click on Choose to Activate Your Device;
- The app will provide you a unique device code needed for the activation process;
- On your phone or computer, go to the Activate device section of the ABC website;
- Here, you can enter the unique activation code into the slot on the screen. Select Continue to move on to the next step;
- ABC will show you a list of US TV providers that you can select from. Choose the right one and have your account credentials ready;
- Sign into your account in order to sync the app to your subscription. Once the login is successful, the app will let you access its features freely.
Alternative for Users Outside the United States
The ABC content is famous worldwide for being highly entertaining. In case you are not living in the United States, you can still be interested in their streaming app. You can only use it by getting a VPN service that can mask your location and provide the app with a shadow location in the United States. However, you will still need a US TV subscription.
If you have a VPN but not a TV subscription-based in the US, you can try to visit the ABC website, where they offer live streams of their content for free. The only condition is that you are located in the United States.
Other options include subscribing to an IPTV provider or getting another streaming app that includes the live stream of ABC, like Hulu and Sling TV.
Amazon’s Firestick device is compatible with all TV Everywhere apps, offering you a large variety of content options to choose from. If you are interested in the ABC app, you can use today’s guide to easily install and activate this streaming app in under a few minutes.
Then you will be able to stream their channel live, as well as binge-watch Modern Family, Revenge, or Dancing with the Stars without a problem. Choose your favorite show, get some popcorn, and enjoy a peaceful night inside with the help of the ABC app!