Channel 4 is the originator of many great television shows, such as The IT Crowd, Black Mirror, and The Great British Bake Off. It is also part of the five free-to-air TV channels in the UK, so you only need a basic TV subscription to watch their content.
Because of the rising popularity of streaming devices, Channel 4 rose up to the challenge and created a free-to-install app that allows you to stream their channels live, as well as watch on-demand content from their network.
The All 4 streaming application is available on a variety of Amazon devices, such as Firestick, Fire TV Cube, JVC 4K Fire TV Edition Smart TV, the Nebula 2.1 Soundbar Fire TV Edition, and the third generation Fire TV. Today we will help you download, install, and set up the All 4 app on your Firestick device so that you can stream Channel 4 with ease.
In their 2020 annual report, Channel 4 claims to have over 14,500 hours of streamable content, as well as a whopping 1.25 billion streaming views on their All 4 app. Over the years, the Channel Four Television Corporation has positioned itself as a reputable British network and a top content creator internationally. There is really no wonder that they had such excellent viewership on their streaming platform.
Considering that all you need is a local TV subscription to access their thousands of hours of content, you are probably excited to install the All 4 app on your streaming device as soon as possible. Today we will guide you through the installation process and get you acquainted with the user interface so that you can enjoy the Channel 4 streaming platform in its entirety.
What Can You Expect from the All 4 App?
The All 4 streaming app offers you the option to watch Channel 4 and its associated channels both live and on-demand. Whether you are more interested in Channel 4, More4, E4, Film4, 4seven, or 4Music, you can easily switch between these channels and catch up on any series that you missed. The network offers you 30 days after one of your favorite shows has aired to get up to date in their Catch Up section.
On top of that, they also offer on-demand content as box sets, so you can watch previous TV shows that aired on Channel 4 as well. You can find this section under the Box Sets menu on the right of the platform.
Much like other streaming platforms, All 4 has a personalized For You area which recommends content based on your watch history. On the home page, you can see their featured shows of the moment. Right under that, All 4 has a section with all the shows you are currently watching for easy access.
The left-side menu can be accessed by pressing the left arrow on your Firestick remote, and it includes other menus such as Categories, A-Z, and Search. All of these sections help you sort through their overabundant content more easily.
For instance, if you are not quite sure what show to watch, you can visit the Categories section to see the most Popular series at the time. You can also scroll through other categories, such as Drama, Comedy, Sport, Documentaries, Entertainment, News & Current Affairs, Lifestyles, and more. Choose your favorite genre, and you are sure to find an interesting title in the Channel 4 roster.
However, if you already have a show in mind that you want to watch, you can use the Search section. The Alexa Voice Remote can be synced in with the All 4 app, meaning that you can search for your favorite show, play/pause, rewind, and fast forward with ease.
We like that the Channel 4 network made it possible to use this app on a variety of devices for free. Your watch history will sync from one device to the other, making it easy to watch your favorite show on the go.
All in all, this is a technically free streaming app (if you do not count the TV subscription) that is easy to navigate and offers a large selection of entertaining content. Because it is free, it does have in-app advertisements that can be removed with just £3.99/month. Keep in mind that this does not include some select programs and ads during live broadcastings.
If you want to try out the ad-free version before purchasing it, you can go to the Channel 4 website and request a 14-day free trial.
Reasons to Install All 4 on your Firestick
- All 4 is the biggest free streaming platform in the United Kingdom;
- You get access to over 14,500 hours of on-demand content;
- Watch both Channel 4, and its five other sister channels;
- Receive a 30-day window to catch up on your favorite shows if you do not manage to watch while they are airing;
- You can scroll through content with ease, and you get a personalized recommendations page based on your previous watch history;
You can integrate the Alexa Voice Remote with the app for a better viewing experience.
In case you already have a UK TV subscription and are ready to install Channel 4’s streaming platform, here is the step-by-step tutorial on how to do it.
Guide to Installing Channel 4’s All 4 App on Firestick
The All 4 is a reputable streaming platform in the United Kingdom, which means that it is recognized by the Amazon Appstore as well. This makes installation much easier for the user, considering that you do not need a third-party app to download the APK file. Here is how you can do it:
- Get to the home screen of your Fire TV and click on the Search section located above the other menus;
- Use the keyboard that appears on the screen or the Alexa voice search to look for the All 4 app in the Amazon Appstore;
- Highlight the search suggestion that says All 4 and look for the app with the logo shown below;
- After you select this app, click on the Get button to download and install Channel 4’s streaming app.
After the installation is complete, you can select Open to launch All 4 and insert your log-in information. If you want to find it later on, you can access the complete app list on your Firestick right from your home page.
The section is called Your Apps & Channels, and you will likely find the app at the front of the list. If that is not the case, you can use the Move feature to change the order of your applications for easy access in the future.
How to Get a My4 Account and Log Into the All 4 App
Even though Channel 4’s streaming platform is a free service, you still need an account called My4 to access all of the content. If you signed up for the 14-day free trial we mentioned above, you already have an account and can skip this step.
People looking to just download the free version of the app can go to the Channel 4 website and create an account. Because Firestick does not feature a browser app, you will have to do this on your phone or computer.
- Access the Channel 4 website and press the Sign in button situated in the upper left corner of the page;
- Here you will be prompted with a page that asks for your email address. Fill it in and select the Let’s go button;
- From here, you can click on the Register button, where you can create a new account. Follow the instructions prompted by the website, such as entering the email address again and creating a strong password. Select Next to move to the following form;
- Channel 4 will ask for a few basic details about you, such as first and last name, gender, date of birth, and address. When you are done filling in these boxes, click on Next;
- Check that your information is right and click Register to end the registration process;
- Finally, confirm your email address by checking your inbox and following the steps received in the email received from Channel 4.
You will notice that while making your account, the website does not ask you about your TV subscription. Still, this is a legal requirement for using this streaming platform, and we cannot recommend getting it without a UK TV subscription as well. Now that you have a My4 account, you can finally watch the latest episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale or whatever show piques your interest. Here is what you need to do:
- Click on the Open button after you installed the application, or follow the steps mentioned above to find All 4 in the Apss & Channels menu;
- You will be instantly prompted with a pop-up talking about the terms and conditions of the app. You can dismiss this by clicking on Accept;
- Afterward, you can click on the SIGN IN button and enter the email address and password you have just set up. Press the SIGN IN button one more time to enter your account.
Now, you can enter the platform and have a look around. You can choose to get into the live broadcasting or search through the box sets offered by Channel 4 for a binge-watching session. No matter how you choose to use this platform, you are sure to be entertained.
Since you already have a versatile streaming device such as Firestick, it is only natural that you want to have access to as much content as possible. If you live in the UK and already have a TV subscription, getting the free All 4 app is a no-brainer.
Today we showed you how you can download and install Channel 4’s streaming platform to enjoy their live and on-demand content. We also gave you a look into the app’s user interface and useful features so that you can scroll through All 4 like a pro.
Watching TV has never been easier than through a streaming app like All 4!